Participants words from the Grand Canyon!

Grand Canyon Quotes

“The Grand Canyon took my breath away (and the skin off my knees).”-Kara Dugan (Lincolnton, NC)

“The Grand Canyon was the most beautiful and breathtaking scene that I have ever experienced and hope to experience again.”-Maggie Black (Mooresville, NC)

“The most surreal and humbling experience I could be apart of.” -Quinn Moegling (Fort Mill, SC)

“The Grand Canyon was absolutely gorgeous, so gorgeous my nose wanted to bleed!” -Sarah Lambeth (Sanford, NC)

“The most beautiful hole in the ground I’ve ever seen!” -Grace Corripio (Belmont, NC)

“It was so big” -Aedan Corcoran (Belmont, NC)

“It was absolutely breathtaking” – Gracie Truesdell (Cherryville, NC)

“It took my breath away like Miles Teller did in Top Gun” – Tency Lynn (Beaufort, SC)

“Jaw-dropping” – Addison Massey (Rockingham, NC)

“it was really big” – Maddie McCabe (Cary, NC)

“After mile 182 it was a breeze” – Will Puckett (Augusta, GA)

“I had never seen a view like that in my life” –Lilly Felts (Mooresville, NC)

“Looking at the Grand Canyon is like falling in love with the Earth all over again.” – Josie Houchard (Belmont, NC) 

“The view was unreal” – Jackson Collins (Boiling Springs, SC) 

“The Grand Canyon was like a very exquisite painting.” – Meredith Tucker (Mooresville, NC)

“Hands down best day of my life!” – Amy Hyde (Belmont, NC)

“The Canyon was outstandingly breathtaking” – Baylee Parham (Robbinsville, NC)

“Next time I’ll do it barefoot” – Julia Kalinina (Mooresville, NC)

“ Quite Canyony” -Hunter Plaster (Shelby, NC)

“No one told me it was slippery” – Caroline Glenn (Raleigh, NC)

“The Grand Canyon is not hand crafted.” – Addison Dingman (Spartanburg, SC)

“It looked like my screen saver.” – Josiah Lester (Greensboro, NC)

“It was breathtaking… literally.” – Zoey Dellinger (Lincolnton, NC)

“It felt like it was a painting because it looked too perfect for real life “– Madeline Bell (McKinney, TX)

“It was bigger than I expected” – Natalia Galvez (Mooresville, NC)

“It was BIG” – Rocco Pavone (Gastonia, NC)

“I commend those who hiked six miles, could not be me.” –Katherine Taylor (Beaufort, SC)  

“One of the most beautiful and most rewarding hikes, but man it was rough going uphill.” –Lauren Cutshall (Duncan, SC)

“Ice cream has never tasted better than after the six mile.” –Ally Nielsen (Indian Trail, NC)

“Maybe I want to be a geologist…” –Campbell Law (Raleigh, NC)

“The hike down was amazing, but the mule poop made the hike up difficult.” – BreAnn Jenkins (Kings Mountain, NC)

“The most incredible thing I have ever seen” – Amy Baker (Charlotte, NC)

“You’re never truly prepared for the hike back up” – Rachel Long (Gastonia, NC)

“The beauty of the Grand Canyon is unmatched you feel like you are in a dream and the group that I did the 6 miles with were a cool lively group that I was glad to take on nature with.” – Addison Gilbert (McAdenville, NC) 

“Definitely the coolest placed I’ve ever pooped in, and I’ve pooped in a lot of places.” – Ryan “Poopy Ryan” Lubaczewski (Irmo, SC)

“One very big hole in the ground.” – Lauren Downey (Belmont, NC)

“Honestly seeing it for the first time after seeing pictures and art and references of it everywhere, its unreal.” – Elijah Vickers (Lincolnton, NC)

“The big canyon is pretty exquisite” –Ryan Joyce (Mooresville, NC)

“Didn’t break a sweat until mile 230.” –Eliana Phadke (Cramerton, NC)

“I’m pretty sure it’s just a giant green screen” –Alex Millspaw (Belmont, NC)

“It is the only place I will get up at 4:30am for…twice” –Aubrey McDuffie (Lake Waccamaw, NC)

“I wonder how many shovels it took them to dig it out.” – Sally Bumgarner (Lexington, SC)

“The Grand Canyon had me completely speechless. There is nothing I have seen that can match the beauty of it.” – Madelynn Hutson (Barnwell, SC)

“Those 48 miles hit different once we stopped sprinting” – Aaron Williams (Inman, SC)

“Dang, that looks like a canyon… for real”- Patrick O’Sullivan (Cary, NC)

“If you need something to compare the Grand Canyon to, it’s on the same level as Deaton stew.” – Meredith Harris (Gastonia, NC)

“Holy cow… this is really hard to paint.” – Audrey Painter (Belmont, NC)

“The hike was awesome…but the best view is at the top” – Sarah Herzberg (Mount Holly, NC)

“I am not a morning person but I would wake up early to see this again.” – Kiersten Sadler (Alexis, NC)

“You can’t explain how beautiful the Grand Canyon is… you just have to experience it yourself.” – Abby Dove (Whiteville, NC)

“No words can describe the beauty of the Grand Canyon- to think we live in the same country as it.” – Bess Thompson (Columbia, SC)

“It was so mindboggling!! The side of the trail without railing was a little unsettling though…”– Ashton Layh (Raleigh, NC)

“Beauty is pain” – Jason Pierce (Waxhaw, NC)

“You could spend a lifetime staring at the Grand Canyon and still not come up with the right words to describe it” – Camden Caldwell (Denver, NC)

“That hole…is big…no lie” – Stuart Thompson (Sanford, NC)

“It’s kinda funny to think about how a big hole in the ground had us fan-girling so hard” –Payton Loden (Mooresville, NC)

"It was alright" - Erik Micklow (Mooresville, NC)

"That was epic"- Raegan Kaufmann (Belmont, NC)

“Wow.” - Abbey Hymiller (Raleigh, NC)